3 Year Time Lapse Video of Perry Posted on July 30th, 2010 by

Ever since we first heard about the possibility of a Titan Arum ( corpse flower a.k.a Amorphophallus titanum) blooming in the greenhouse we have been saving photos of Perry and documenting the growth.  Now that Perry has bloomed again I thought it was about time to create a time lapse video showing the amazing changes this plant has gone through in the past 3 years.

To create this video I pieced together 3 photos from each day starting from March 28, 2007 through July 29th, 2010.  Then played them back at 30 images per second so that each second of video represents about 10 days of Perry’s life.

Another very interesting feature of this video is that there are many other plants in the greenhouse besides Perry that you can watch grow and change over time.  There are vines that grow up the wall, there is a Amorphophallus konjac that blooms, and the one I like watching the most is a plant near the end of the video that is in a pot growing in the lower right hand corner that sends up leaves that appear to stack on top of each other.

Watch the video on YouTube.

I am a bit disappointed with how compressed the video looked once it was uploaded to youtube.  If you really want to see all the plants growing in the greenhouse in more detail, you will need to watch the original video.

1. Jeannie says:

That’s really cool, Dan. Thanks for putting that together. Showing this video to my kids will help them see the other stage of Perry.

2. Carolyn says:

Orignal video link doesn’t work

3. Shanon says:

Wow! Great video, Dan!